DECEMBER 14 — Downtown Miami
The 2014 Royal Coils Natural Hair & Beauty Expo will be an entire day filled with national and local beauty, fashion, and wellness vendors eager to connect with guests who are ready to embrace healthier hair and lifestyles. Featured panelists and guest speakers will share their expertise and patrons will enjoy free giveaways as well as interactive demonstrations including hair, makeup, massage, and wellness services. The live entertainment will include hair showcases, fashion shows, music, dance, and the newly added B-Side Lounge – where anything can happen.
Organizers hope to increase awareness, inspire people to embrace their culture and raise the bar regarding standards of health and beauty. This years charity of choice will be Grammy Nominated Melky Jean’s Carma Foundation. The mission of Carma is to measurably improve the health of poor and vulnerable women and children in the Caribbean and inner cities of the United States through action, dialogue, and change.
“Royal Coils” is the brainchild of Sisters, Simone and Yanique “Trudy” Hylton. “This event will be a renewing experience celebrating our theme ‘Hair-story’. The live ‘Hair-story’ production included in the fashion & hair shows will take guests on a journey through time from our regal ancestors’ to modern-day media’s portrayal of beauty. Our continued mission is to encourage the community to reclaim the knowledge of their inner beauty and wellness by embracing their roots. The time is now to eat right, sleep right, and rise to our position of Royal Beauty,” says Simone.
The highly anticipated event will once again bring together a diverse audience of over 1,500 natural hair, fashion, and cultural enthusiasts to Hyatt Regency in Downtown Miami – 400 SE 2nd Ave, Miami, Florida 33131 – from 11AM to 8PM.
General admission: $15 in advance
- Segment 1: Braids
- Segment 2: Barber battle
- Segment 3: Natural hair
1:30 Fitness demo class/workshop
2:00 Panel discussion: Wellness Experts
2:30 Class/workshop (Two, 50 min classes in Rooms A & B)
3:30 Class/workshop (Two, 50 min classes in Rooms A & B)
4:00 Musical Performances
4:30 Fashion Hair Play: Narrated by Poets
- Scene 1: 1600s – 1800s / Africa – A hair & fashion presentation that tells the story of hair from Africa to the Harlem renaissance and leading to the civil rights movement.
- Scene 2: 1920s - 1950s / Harlem Renaissance – A hair & fashion presentation that tells the story of hair from Africa to the Harlem renaissance and leading to the civil rights movement.
- Scene 3: 1960s – 1980s/ Civil Rights and Disco
- Scene 4: 2000 and Beyond / Futuristic – A hair & fashion presentation that visualizes the story of hair from 1960s to the 21st century and leading to the future of the Natural hair evaluation.
5:30 Panel discussion: Beauty experts
6:30 Bijoux hair extension presentation
6:45 Bijoux Grand Awards Ceremony
7:00 Closing remarks and special thanks
- Things To Do in South Florida: December/January (cookmixmingle.com)
- Fashion, Culture, Art & Laughter at Ankara Miami 2014 (cookmixmingle.com)